Recording session with the Mozarteumorchester Salzburg conducted by Riccardo Minasi
Mozarteum Grosser Saal (Salzburg, AT) | Photo © 2017 Michele Gaggia
Multitrack Recording & Editing
The quality of a record begins with the original performance and the interepretation of the artists, which should generally be captured as accurately and transparently as possible using the best audio technology available today. However, for some music styles a different approach (Vintage, Retro or Lo-Fi) might work even better. In order to make a great record, we believe that it is essential to understand which aesthetic approach to recording and creative sound design will work best to transport the emotional quality of a certain type of music and performance.
We offer state-of-the-art digital multitrack recording for almost any combination of instruments and voices: from solo instruments and small chamber music ensembles up to large symphonic orchestra with full choir and soloists. We can record jazz and pop/rock bands, either live (with all musicians and vocalists performing at the same time) or in studio with additional overdubs.
The audio equipment is carefully chosen according to the instruments, the musical style and the acoustic quality of the recording location. All the equipment we use is our own and therefore certified to always perform as expected.
Artistic direction is provided during the recording sessions: we constantly monitor the quality of the artistic output and make sure that every recorded part meets the highest musical and technical standards. We work closely with the musicians and vocalists, offering support and helping them to perform at their very best.
During editing, the takes with the best interpretation are musically combined with great care and with particular attention to details like phrasing, dynamics, color and rubato nuances. Finally, we provide high-end mixing and mastering services, to complete your audio production at the highest possible standards.
- Creative approach to recording and sound design: from maximum detail and transparency to Vintage/Retro/Lo-Fi, depending on music style
- State-of-the-art 24-bit 96/192 kHz direct-to-disk recording, from stereo up to 24-channel multitrack
- High resolution, very low noise microphone preamps (Audient ASP008) and 24-bit 96/192 kHz AD-DA converters (RME Fireface 800/UFX)
- Studio condenser and dynamic microphones by Brauner, DPA, AKG, RODE, Neumann, Audio Technica, Shure, Sennheiser, etc.
- Easy access to great sounding recording locations in the Salzburg (AT) area
- Mobile Recording Studio, including high performance DAW or Laptop, Mackie Control Universal control surface, multitrack recording/editing/mixing, UAD DSP effects, Nomad Factory and Waves plugins
- High resolution ADAM A5 monitors and talk-back system (speakers or headphones)
- Monitoring through headphone amp (up to 8 headphones)
- Editing on-the-fly possible during the recording session
- Competent artistic direction in a wide range of music styles