Lecture & Workshop
The lecture and workshop will be held by Michele Gaggia in English language.
During the course, topics and exercises will be chosen from the following pool, taking into account the specific interests and requirements of the students;:
- Motif and Riff
- Phrase, Theme, Passage
- Monophony / Homophony / Polyphony
- Instrumental Range
- Solo / Tutti / Unisoni / Divisi
- Unisono / Octave / Multi-Octave "Tutti"
- Orchestral Colors: Typical Combinations
- Foreground / Middleground / Background Elements
- Dynamics / Expression
- Articulations and Effects
- Arranging in Cubase
- The Project Window
- The Arranger Track
- The Key Editor
- The Score Editor
- Linear Composition 1 - Michele Gaggia (PDF download, updated 12.11.2021)
- Adler, Samuel (2016) The Study of Orchestration.
WW Norton & Co. ISBN 9780393283730 Amazon